Friday, March 28, 2008

Crazy --NB

So the thing about not writing about a book is that I don't have to hunt around for the books I've read before I say anything. And it is more convenient than journals because no one comes to steal my pen and draw pretty pictures on the screen like they do to my journal.
I've had a rough week, for a variety of reasons, but mostly because my thyroid medication makes me crazy and so does my doctor. He wants to put me on hormone replacement therapy, to correct some low hormone levels and other problems, but I'm thinking that since I'm not menopausal this seems like a bad idea. I'm on thyroid meds, cortisol and now this. I really don't think just throwing medicine at the problem is going to fix anything, except for making me crazy and ruining my marriage.
So even though my insurance coverage sucks I am going to see an endocrinologist. I hope he has something relevant to tell me or the bill and the 8 hours of driving its going to require will really tick me off. Have I mentioned that my meds make me crazy? And how do you change your diet so as to drop your cholesterol number 70!!!! points and still gain 10 pounds?
Boy, its nice to rant and feel like someone might read it, and not just your children 20 years from now and think, "Boy, Mom was a wacko." Now all my friends can think that right now:}

2 comments:

Cammie said...

Just take some of that anger out on your younger brother while he's down there and save your family for a few days

jendoop said...

I'm anxious to hear what the endocrinologist says. If he gets you some good meds maybe I can get some too?
I want to visit you too. Color me jealous. You know what the temp was here today? 46. Just 100 miles away it was 76.