Monday, October 5, 2009

applicable meme

Wasn't conference great?
So I have a goal of writing at least once a week but my brain is not working properly, so I stole this meme from another book blog.

Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack?
If I eat alone I read. But I also like to eat while I read. I would probably be skinnier if I could not do this.

Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?
If I am studying I do and I have often been tempted when I read a really good quote, but I rarely have a highlighter with me.

How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears?
A random piece of paper if there is one handy, otherwise the following:

Laying the book flat open?
Yes, though I know it is a terrible thing.

Fiction, Non-fiction, or both?
Usually both, though recently only light non-fiction and fiction I've already read.

Hard copy or audiobooks?
I don't have the patience for audiobooks. I can read so much faster.

Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you able to put a book down at any point?
I am frequently forced to put books down suddenly, so I can now.

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away?
No, never, though I usually can guess the word.

What are you currently reading?
I started Servant of a Dark God by John Brown, Alcatraz vs The Knights of Crystallia by Brandon Sanderson and The Magicians by Lev Goodman. Finished none of them. There are many good books coming out this month that I might not read until April.

What is the last book you bought?
Servant of a Dark God is the most recent of my pre-orders that has arrived. I am also waiting for Unseen Academicals by Terry Pratchett and The Gathering Storm by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson.

Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can you read more than one at a time?
I always have books scattered around the house. Whenever I read I put the book down and then need another in another location.

Do you have a favorite time of day and/or place to read?
I try for a time when my brain works and my children are busy or sleeping.

Do you prefer series books or stand alone books?
Either, as long as it is good.

Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over?
Brandon Sanderson, Terry Pratchett

How do you organize your books? (By genre, title, author’s last name, etc.?)
Wherever they fit on my overcrowded bookshelves.

4 comments:

jendoop said...

I'm going to do this one.

Wish I could be with you for your birthday this week. I'd take you to that cafe for the chocolate chip cookie with ice cream.

jendoop said...

Never read Princess Bride before this week. So do we start disowning proceedings now?

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.

Anonymous said...

Opulently I to but I dream the list inform should acquire more info then it has.