Saturday, December 5, 2009

K is for Kids


For a few months at the beginning of our marriage, David and I worried about not being able to have kids. We got over that.
I am incredibly thankful for my children, to the point that I feel completely inadequate to write about them. The list of adjectives alone is over whelming: smart, funny, cute, talented, aggravating, adorable, kind, thoughtful, brilliant, good-looking, spiritual, helpful, geeky, musical, readers, artistic, persistent (some), erratic, entertaining, healthy, charming, educational, the list could go on all day. I could do an ABCs of my children quite easily (don't worry, I won't).
They have changed my life for the better and made me grow as a person I didn't know I was capable of. And I have grown in ways I didn't want to be capable of. They are amazing people, each of them. I look forward to getting to know them better as they become teenagers and then adults, with their own personalities and opinions.
I have been amazed, as each comes into our home, at how different they are, even as a newborn. Their own spirit personality shines through. It is an honor to have been entrusted with the care of such strong and brilliant people. I am grateful for the help of our Heavenly Father, because left to this task by myself, I would surely mess it up.
Thank you Heavenly Father for my children, thank you for their strengths and weaknesses and the joy that comes from learning together. Help me to keep on and for us to progress together.

1 comment:

jendoop said...

This post makes me miss your family!