Saturday, August 14, 2010

Fun Friday 10, 11 & 12, I think?

It has been a busy couple of weeks, and due to dead batteries and medication, I do not have many pictures. Description and theft will have to make up the difference.

Going back two weeks and a day, we went camping with my side of the family. As far as the DeLapps go, we are wimps at camping as well as amateurs, so we only stayed one night, Friday. My brother and his family we also there that night and we had a good time. We don't often get one on one time with our family in Salt Lake, so it was nice to have that time. The weather was good though cold that night. The campground is near Huntington reservoir and at 9000 ft.
The next morning we went fishing, until it started to rain. This set the tone for the rest of the day. The best quote was from B. who observed, "Look, it's raining rocks!" It only hailed three times. The weather broke long enough to get dinner and almost get everything packed up.
My sister caught a fish and totally disgusted my children by showing them how to gut it. We sat around the campfire a bit, and then left as the next storm rolled in.  Thanks to my mother for putting her pictures on FB for me to steal.

The next week we were in Salt Lake. E. had a doctor appointment at Primary Children's, where it was decided she most likely has juvenile arthritis.  We will be going back in a month for a follow-up visit.We also went to the Discovery Gateway museum, thanks to a free pass one of my boys received during the school year. The kids had a blast, Grandpa Ward came along, thank goodness, because I was feeling very ill and only watched the child that was immobile.

That weekend we also had a slight party at David's parent's house, went to my 20th high school reunion, picked up some camping equipment (including a heater, yea!) from my sister and had lunch with my parents, visited David's Grandpa Barlow and went to the grocery store umpteen million times.

Yesterday we had a surprise visit from these people.
(Picture also stolen from FB) We had a fun chat and enjoyed seeing old friends again.
This was especially helpful to me as my back has been acting up for all three of these Fridays, plus the days in between, so I am either on pain drugs or laying on the floor being useless. The idea of coming up with a Fun Friday for yesterday felt overwhelming. I was very glad to get the phone call announcing our visitors. We do have three more weeks of summer left, so if you are in the mood to come to Moab, feel free to give me a call, especially on a Friday.

1 comment:

jendoop said...

Thanks for the update, its great to hear what is happening with you. So sorry about E. I will call you back soon. Still reconnecting with family after girls camp.