Wednesday, September 29, 2010

What I've been doing


Here is a link to our house listing. I'm not quite sure what to do with myself after the frantic activity of the last few weeks. If you think getting a house ready to sell is easy when you also have six children in your home, come over, I have some babysitting you might enjoy.


We are leaving next week and taking three days to get there. We promised the kids swimming time each night. Thirty years to the day I left Texas (with my family of course) we will be moving back. It seems everyone in the house has pretty mucg gotten past theregret and we are now all anxious to get going. I don't think that excitement will last through the whole 20 hr+ drive, but D. and I are keeping that reluctance to ourselves.

We are doing a moving sale this weekend and hopefully will sell enough to at least pay for dinner, if not a hotel room. I've never done a garage sale before, so hopefully it won't turn out too badly.

Our phone numbers will remain the same and we will send out an email shortly with our new address on it

1 comment:

jendoop said...

So is the picture in the post from Texas?

Wow, how did you figure out the timing to the day? I remember the day we left Texas, how upset you were to be leaving on your birthday. So when we stopped for gas Dad bought you a treat but no one else.

Ugh, that brings back memories of how hard moving has been throughout my life. It is difficult no matter the age, although different kinds of difficult. Try to focus on the positives and cut everyone some slack with low expectations (as you remind me often).

Your house pictures look great.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.