Monday, May 16, 2011

I dedicate this poem to the grocery store, where I spend all my time.

GOBBLEGOOKY

'Twas fructose, and the vitamins
Did zinc and dye (red#8).
All poly were the thiamins
And the carbohydrate.

Beware the Gobblegook, my son!
The flavorings, the added C!
Beware the serving size, and shun
The dreaded BHT.

And as in folic thought I stood,
The Gobblegook, with eyes nitrate,
Came gluten through the dextrose wood,
Its extracts carbonate.

Oh, can you slay the Gobblegook,
Polyunsaturated boy?
3,000 calories! Don't look!
The sugars! Fats! Oh soy.

'Twas fructose, and the vitamins
Did zinc and dye (red #8).
All poly were the thiamins,
And the carbohydrate.

Thanks to Science Verse, by Jon Scieszka & Lane Smith

2 comments:

danielle connel said...

Hello, my name is Danielle and I am a friend of Jen. I live in Houston currently but we are moving to San Antonio in about 6 months. We travel up to San Antonio a few times a month and if you would like maybe we could meet somewhere? I have three girls that I home-school. I have followed your blog a bit by way of Jen so I think we have a lot in common.

readerMom said...

Sounds great. You can get my contact info through Jen if you like.