Tuesday, December 13, 2011

thoughts -or- I can't organize my mind enough for a real post

I think that this Christmas is more stressful than last, even though we are in better financial circumstances because I have had a year of worrying over finances and trying to do Christmas is hard. Every outlay, no matter how small has me second guessing myself. I try to listen to gospel related Christmas songs to help.

During the request hour on the Christmas radio station almost every song is Christ centered. During the regular time barely any are. So who does the programming?

We have been tight with money long enough that my children have become careful with what they ask for. I don't know if this is a good or bad thing. I don't want them to be afraid to ask, but I do like that they are learning that presents are to be valued.

Snow carols are annoying when it is 70 outside.

I am grateful that David has extra days off so that the house will be all the way clean before Christmas. Though there really is no hope for the carpet.

Nathan has been reducing his nap time. This is a sad development. It is very hard to do anything on the computer with a baby climbing on you, desperate to push the buttons -- any buttons, it really doesn't matter, though the power button is a favorite.

I suppose all of this could have been posted to FB but all of it crammed together is a better portrayal of my mental state. If I can get it together we could have a Christmas letter before New Year, but don't hold your breath.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just take a deep breath and let it be OK. Hope you have a Merry Christmas.
love, Aunt Edith

jendoop said...

Somehow I missed this post. What Aunt Edith said. Who cares about the carpet, nobody looks down there anyway?