Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Fun Friday addendum

In token of it being freaking hard to do fun fridays when I can't organize a day without major trips much less a whole outing type thing. I think I am declaring a hiatus.
This summer has proven to me the value of advanced planning. Since we moved at the beginning of the summer I put off doing the daily activities chart, the list of Fun Friday possibilities and the look at the whole summer schedule. It has been over a month and we are starting to settle in but I still am in react mode instead of planning ahead. It amazes me how difficult it is to get ahead of things with enough breathing space to really know where you are going from there.
My children have been OK because we go to the pool as much as possible, which is at least three times a week, but my mental equilibrium is completely gone.
Oh well.
As they sing in Yo Gabba Gabba, "Keep trying, keep trying, don't give up, don't give up."

No comments: