Tuesday, September 4, 2012

What do you do in the summertime?

I already wrote about how I feel weird with this year's school schedule. All that empty time, just waiting to be filled up. I should have waited a week or so. I now think that having all that time is only fair considering the crazyness that happens once the kids get home.

Most of the time from three on I am pretty busy, with gathering children from different areas. Normally I would let them take the bus home but for various reasons my three older children can't. So I drive them around. Then I come home and make dinner, force and check homework, look over folders and such.

But ever so often I get to have a day like today. When I brought my son home at four he said he wanted to attend an event that started at 5. He didn't realize that it was today. So I drive him there, come home in time to get my husband and two daughters to go to their orientation. Bring them home in time to go back and get my oldest, then take him with me to go have a church interview. Leave the house at 4:30, get home at 9, with many different things accomplished.

The car was making funny noises when I arrived so I don't have to do any of those things tomorrow. I still have to figure out how to get everyone home, but no driving for me tomorrow.

How odd.

Those summer days of going nowhere are looking better and better.

No comments: